|Tuva Republic within the Russian Federation. 40th Anniversary.
|Description||The Tuvan People’s Republic (TPR), known as the Tannu Tuva People’s Republic until 1926, was a partially recognized socialist republic that existed between 1921 and 1944. The country was located in the same territory as the former Tuvan protectorate of Imperial Russia known as Uryankhay Krai.
The Soviet Union and Mongolia were the only countries to formally recognize it during its existence, in 1924 and 1926, respectively. Widely considered a puppet state of the Soviet Union, Tuva’s situation was similarly assessed to that of Mongolia’s, with most of the world at the time regarding it as a Soviet occupied part of China. After a period of increased Soviet influence, the country was incorporated by the Russian SFSR – the largest constituent republic of the Soviet Union – in October 1944, at the request of Tuva’s parliament.
On 10 October 1961, the Tuvan Autonomous Oblast became the Tuvan ASSR, still within the Russian SFSR, and remained so until 1992. The area that was the Tuvan People’s Republic is now known as the Tuva Republic within the Russian Federation
|Type||Illustrated Envelop Tuva Republic within the Russian Federation. 40th Anniversary|
|Published by/for:||Ministry of Communications, 1984|