|Volgograd, formerly Stalingrad, is a city in southwest Russia. Pavlov’s House.
Illustrated Envelop with Special Cancellation
|Description||Volgograd, formerly Stalingrad, is a city in southwest Russia, on the western bank of the Volga River. It was the site of WWII’s Battle of Stalingrad, commemorated by a huge statue, The Motherland Calls, part of the hilltop Mamayev Kurgan memorial complex. The Panorama Museum has a 360-degree painting of the battle, as well as weapons and artifacts. To the south, a large arch marks the Lenin Volga-Don Shipping Canal.
Pavlov’s House was a fortified apartment building which Red Army defenders held for 60 days against a heavy Wehrmacht offensive during the Battle of Stalingrad. The siege lasted from 27 September to 25 November 1942 and eventually the Red Army managed to relieve it from the siege
|Type||Illustrated Envelop with Special Cancellation
Volgograd, formerly Stalingrad, is a city in southwest Russia. Pavlov’s House. Philatelic Exhibition
|Used/Unused||Cancelled, Volgograd, 04.06.84|
|Published by/for:||Ministry of Communications, 1983|
There are no reviews yet.